Trade Show Preparation Checklist – 18 weeks
This series of articles is called “Trade Show Preparation Checklist” and helps you, week after week, to prepare the most important aspects of your booth setup and event organization. We will review everything from booth decoration, promotion, samples, logistics, travel, staff training to leads management. Access your checklist week by week here.
What should I prepare 18 weeks before my event?
There are 18 weeks ahead of you to prepare your show, and this week we will focus on a major aspect of it: your booth location!
Choosing the right booth
Booth location isn’t a minor detail and you shouldn’t pick it lightly.
As a matter of fact, that is one of the biggest advantages you get planning your event early!
Do you know why event organizers give you cheaper prices for joining last minute? It isn’t only because they absolutely want to sell the remaining booths, it is also because the ones that remain are poorly located.
Choosing the right booth isn’t complex, you only have a few things to be looking for.
The size of your booth depends mostly on your budget. In average, booth rental represents 35% of your total expenses (decoration, marketing, travel, food, etc.)
If you have a budget of 10,000$, don’t take a booth that would cost you more than 3,500$.
There are roughly 3 types of booth:
- the standard one – traditionally 3x3m, this is what most exhibitors take
- the large one – combining several booths together to build a larger one
- the island – this one is isolated, fully customized, and generally reserved to larger corporations
Look at your budget and objectives and select the right fit for your company.
When it comes to the booth location, consider the following:
- prefer a corner as you would have two open sides instead of one
- prefer to be on a large aisle instead of a small one
- prefer locations close to major “heat points” such as food courts, entrances, large companies or even toilets
You can also decide to read a more complete article to help you choose the perfect booth location.
Time to pick!